You are probably wondering why you would want to sell your home to a real estate investor instead of listing your home with a real estate agent or selling it yourself. There are many very good reasons why you should consider selling to a real estate investor. I’ll share with you a few different options that you’ve probably never thought of before or knew you could do. I’m going to give you the top 5 reasons why you should consider selling your home to a real estate investor.
1) A real estate investor will buy your home no matter what condition your homes are in. What this means to you is that you won’t have to do expensive repairs around your home. Now if you listed your home with a real estate agent, they will want you to do all the necessary repairs on your home before they list it. The other reason is that most lenders in today’s market do not lend money to buyers who are buying a home that needs major repairs. Now secondly, if you are trying to sell your house yourself, you may have to change the flooring and repaint the walls. Most buyers in today’s market will not want to move into a home and start making repairs. Therefore, you will have a limited number of buyers who might show interest in your home, but will want to get your home at a deep discount.
2) Real estate investors will buy your home for all cash “as is”, or they can give you up to the full market value of your home if you are a little flexible on your terms. A real estate investor will work with you to find out all of your goals for selling your home. Then they will do their best to meet or exceed all of their goals for selling your home. They are professional home buyers who help people solve their real estate problems. They have a lot of experience buying houses from people like you in different types of situations. Just to name a few of the situations they can help you with are: if your home just won’t sell in today’s market, inherited homes, distressed properties, vacant homes, probate homes, late payments, divorces, ties, and home judgments , rental properties, expired realtor listing, bankruptcy or if you have just faced foreclosure. No matter what the condition, area, or situation you have with your home, a real estate investor can provide you with many viable options to sell your home quickly.
3) If you sell your home to a real estate investor, they can close your home quickly, usually in 10 days or less. You will be able to get cash in your hand quickly without any of the hassles of selling your home the traditional way. Real estate investors are professionals with a lot of experience helping homeowners quickly navigate the process of selling their home. The reason they can quickly close your home is that they work with a large network of buyers who have cash and are ready to buy houses in your area quickly. This is not like a traditional buyer that you will get by selling your home yourself or from a real estate agent. These types of buyers will take at least 30-60 days to close and that would only be if they make it through the loan process.
4) Real estate investors don’t want to list their home, they want to buy their home quickly. When you sell your home to a real estate investor, they will market your home to your buyers at high speed. By this I mean that if you sold your home yourself you would probably put up a sign in front of your home, put an ad in the newspaper, or could even list your home in the MLS for a flat fee. These things are good, but at best, probably only a small number of people will come to see your house, but most of them will be tire kickers. In today’s market there are more houses for sale than people who buy them all. The same is true if you were to list your home with a real estate agent; they’ll put up a sign in your yard, put it on the MLS, and wait for people to call. Most real estate agents do not continually market their property through avenues beyond that. A real estate investor will market your property immediately after you agree on the price and terms. They will market your home with all available advertising so your home sells quickly. Plus, they have a huge list of buyers who are currently buying homes, and they have the cash to do it fast. Therefore, selling to a real estate investor is your best option if you want to sell your home quickly in today’s market.
5) When you sell your home to a real estate investor, you will not have to pay anything out of pocket. In fact, they work hard for you and with you to sell your home at no cost to you and very fast. The reason they can do this is that they actually get a fee from the buyer they sell the property to, thereby eliminating any costs to you, the seller. Not to mention, real estate investors will give you a net offer on your home. What this means to you is that you will receive that net offer at closing. Now, if you sold your home the traditional way, buy it yourself or through a real estate agent, you’ll only get an average of 80-85% of your home’s sale price at closing. The reason this is true is that your real estate agent will take your 6% commissions, then you will have to pay the loss costs of 2-3%, then the buyer will want a discount of at least 5% on the current market. After all those discounts, the buyer will have a home property inspection and the inspector will come back with a long list of potential issues that the buyer will want a discount on. This is usually another 3-5% discount. Most sellers don’t realize that this is actually the amount of money they will make at closing, having waited 4-8 months through this entire process to sell their home in the traditional way.
As you have probably realized by now, selling your home to a real estate investor has many more benefits than selling your home in the traditional way of selling it by the owner or by a real estate agent. Is your time and money really worth all the hassle and hassle of selling your home the traditional way? If you sell your home to a real estate investor, you will have a fast, friendly, and hassle-free sale of your home.